Your new Samsung Galaxy mobile is being set up? Ten settings that you should adjust on your phone are listed below. Over time, Samsung Galaxy phones have seen several improvements. Since Touchwiz was mostly replaced with one UI, the Galaxy phone has a tone of great features that enhance the smartphone experience.
Your Galaxy smartphone has a tone of features, but occasionally you need to change a few settings to take advantage of everything it can do. To get the most of your Samsung phone, do the changes listed below.
1. Enable WiFi calling
By enabling you to place and receive calls via Wi-Fi when the mobile network is unreliable or unavailable, Wi-Fi calling enhances the voice quality of phone calls. This is how to make it available on your Galaxy phone.
- Launch the Phone app for Samsung.
- Select the Settings choices by tapping the three dots adjacent to the search symbol.
- Go down and turn on Wi-Fi Calling now.
2. Use Google Password Manager for Services that Autofill
For saving, generating, and managing passwords on applications or websites, utilize password managers. Although there are many solutions on the internet, Google Password Manager is still the best since it is dependable, compatible with desktop and mobile devices, and it is free to use. Samsung Pass is the autofill program that comes pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy phones, but you can quickly change to Google Password Manager by following these instructions.
Select Passwords and autofill under Settings > General Management.
Select Google from the Autofill services menu by tapping the Settings button, then touch OK to accept the confirmation prompt. Our guide to Google Password Manager might be helpful if you want to learn more about managing stored passwords or if you’ve never used a password manager before.
Read More: You should use the biometric kill switch on your phone
3. Turn off customized ads
Your phone gathers a tone of information—from surfing to conversing on the phone with a friend—and utilizes it to display you tailored advertisements. When compared to other advertising, personalized ads are more pertinent; but, if you are uncomfortable with your data being used in this manner, turn them off by following these instructions.
Customization Service may be found under Settings > Privacy.
Now scroll down and disable direct marketing and customized advertisements. When compared to other advertising, personalized ads are more pertinent; but, if you are uncomfortable with your data being used in this manner, turn them off by following these instructions.
- Customization Service may be found under Settings > Privacy.
- Now scroll down and disable direct marketing and customized advertisements.
4. Turn Off Lock Screen Alerts
Notifications on the lock screen are a terrific method to quickly scan texts or emails without having to unlock the device. Although it is practical, the fact that anybody may view your notifications raises privacy issues. You must first establish a screen lock before you can stop lock screen notifications. Once you’ve done so, proceed as follows:
- Go to Lock screen under Settings.
- You’ll find the Notifications option if you scroll down. If you don’t want any notifications to appear on your lock screen, turn it off.
- However, you may access the notification settings menu by pressing on Notifications if you merely want to conceal sensitive items.
- Everything from content hiding and transparency to always-on display and the kind of notifications to display may be customized here.
5. Make Sleeping Apps Your Own
Apps you don’t use frequently will be put into a sleeping state so they can’t consume resources in the background in order to conserve battery life or improve performance. Although it is a wonderful feature, your work will be lost if you close an app while using it and it goes to sleep.
One UI offers the possibility to customize sleeping apps in order to avoid this. On your Samsung Galaxy phone, follow these instructions to adjust your sleeping mode apps. Select Deep sleep under Device care in the settings of your phone. Tap Background use limitations next, then disable Put inactive applications to sleep.
Read More: 7 Beautiful Free Icon Packs for Your Android Phone
6. Enable Floating Notifications
By converting the conversation notification of compatible applications into a bubble or popup that you can position wherever on the screen, including on top of other apps, floating notifications aid with multitasking. On your Samsung smartphone, follow these instructions to enable it.
- Select Advanced settings by going to Settings > Notifications.
- Select the desired style by tapping on Floating notifications in the advanced settings menu.
7. Switch on reading mode
Your eyes are protected from blue light from your mobile device’s screen by the reading mode. When you’re staring at the screen for a while, the function is helpful. By altering the colour tones of your display warm yellow, which soothes your eyes and lessens tension, it can also aid in improving your sleep pattern. To schedule it on your smartphone, follow these steps.
- The Eye Comfort Shield option may be found under Settings > Display.
- Select the Custom or Adaptive mode after turning on the Eye Comfort Shield. You may program a schedule for the reading mode in Custom mode, and Adaptive will adjust it automatically dependent on the time of day.
8. Enable Find My Phone
When you can’t remember where you put your phone, you can utilize Find My Device. It will use the internet to monitor your phone and display its current position. Instead of only misplacing it, it may also ring and delete the data on your smartphone with a few clicks if you’ve misplaced it.
- Click Find My Device under Settings > Google.
- You may now proceed after turning on Find My Device in the toggle.
9. Stop scanning for nearby devices
Users may communicate with adjacent Android devices by using nearby device scanning. Disabling this option from the settings may help you save a tone of battery life even if it can be a useful tool that not everyone utilizes.
- Select More Connection Settings by going to Settings > Connections.
- The option to stop the nearby device scanning should now be visible.
Read More: The 5 Biggest Myths About Android
10. Plan using Dark Mode
While retaining the minimal colour and contrast ratio necessary for readability, Dark Mode lessens the amount of light radiated from your phone’s display. It aids in power conservation for phones with AMOLED screens.
- How to schedule Dark Mode on a Galaxy phone is provided here. Select Dark Mode Settings under Settings > Display.
- Enable Set a custom timetable or have it turn on automatically between sunset and sunrise when it is set to turn on as scheduled.
Get the Most Out of Your Samsung Galaxy Phone
You may use your devices to their most capacity by using these settings. While some may enhance functionality or battery life, others are more concerned with enhancing the user experience. There are other ways to customize your phone besides these. The appearance and feel of your Samsung phone may be altered in a variety of ways.