Did you know that the default MacOS email programme takes up so much space? Even though it moves slowly, it takes up a lot of space in your room without you realizing it. Clearing mail storage entails more than simply removing the messages; it also entails effectively managing it. We’re here to assist you clear the size of your Mail, so don’t let it fill up your storage space unnecessarily. We’ll discover how to Delete Mail from a Mac, in this tutorial.
How do I find out how much mail storage space I have?
On a Mac, there are two parts to the mail storage: the default mail app and user-created data. You should examine how much space your Mail takes up before clearing the mail space. The following are the steps to determine whether or not a space is occupied:
- Select the Menu option from the drop-down menu.
- Go to About This Mac
- Scroll down to Storage
- Select Manage
- In the sidebar, select Mail
After you’ve determined how much space your Mail takes up, you can begin removing it. Deleting mail attachments and junk mail is the most convenient approach to free up space on your computer.
How Do I Delete Mail From My Mac?
How to Delete Mail from a Mac. Clearing your mail storage helps you free up space and boosts your Mac’s speed. There are a few basic techniques to clean your Mac’s mail storage that won’t take up much of your time. The following is a list of some of them.
Getting Rid of Mail in the Mailbox
You can delete undesirable emails and their attachments if you need more space. To clear mail from your mailbox, follow these steps:
- Turn on the finder
- Click Go to Folder and type /Library/Mail/ -Click Go to Folder and type /Library/Mail/
- Select the to-be-deleted mailbox and drag it to the Trash can
You can also use third-party programmes to erase all of your Mac’s mail storage.
Messages with Mail Attachments should be removed
Mail attachments take up a lot of space in your mailbox. You won’t notice it at first, but as hundreds more emails pile up, it will begin to take up more space, and you’ll need a solution to get rid of it. Here’s how to get rid of them:
Check your email
- Locate the Mail attachment you wish to delete and delete it. If not, go to View > Sort > Attachments.
- Select the desired message by clicking on it.
- In the menu bar, go to the Message menu and select Remove Attachment
- Rep the steps above for any additional mail whose attachments you want to remove. By holding down the shift key while clicking on numerous messages, you can remove the attachments from all of them at once. After that, choose a message and delete the attachments.
Delete Your Junk Emails
There are a lot of junk email taking up space in your garbage. Follow these procedures to empty your garbage mail:
- Go to your Mail trash
- Clear all the deleted items
- Clear the deleted items from all your other accounts
- Open Mailbox -Go to your Mail trash
- Clear all the deleted items
Delete Unwanted Emails
Due to the presence of junk mail, some superfluous space is still used after eliminating all attachments. To get rid of these spam messages, follow these steps:
- Open Mail and select the Mailbox
- You’ll be presented with two options: Delete items that have been erased, as well as trash mail.
- Select the option to Erase Junk Mail.
- Select Erase from the drop-down menu.
Modify the attachment settings in Mail
We can choose to stop emails from downloading instead of removing every attachment. Your system drive can easily become overburdened with emails. Follow these procedures to modify your mail settings:
- Pick Mail > Preference from the menu bar
- Click Accounts
- Select the account for which you want to make adjustments
- Scroll down the Download section and select None.
You can manually download attachments if the mail option is set to download no attachments.
Read More: How to Set Up MetaMask in Your Browser
Most Commonly Asked Questions
How Can I Keep My Mail and Free Up Space at the Same Time?
If you want to maintain all of your Mail yet clear up space on your Mac, there is a simple option. You can use iCloud to back up your data.
On a Mac, can I delete the Mail Downloads Folder?
All of your downloaded emails will be deleted if you delete the Mail downloads folders. You can, however, delete sub-folders in your inbox on a per-folder basis.